As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many traditional betting systems have shifted to online modes for their customers. Online sports betting is becoming popular among bettors who previously bet at physical betting locations.
Sports games are at their peak in online betting to provide people with the opportunity to earn money. Online sports betting encompasses all games, including cricket, basketball, football, golf, horse racing, car racing, and any other game in which people can predict the winners, losers, or the outcome of any event (any reason to place the bet & potentially earn).
Making online bets is simple, and online sportsbooks have many advantages over physical bookies (joining bonuses, credits, free bets, etc.). However, because they are unfamiliar with online betting systems, novice online bettors may have difficulty placing bets online and should be aware of a few key points to keep in mind.
To make online betting easier, we’re providing you with cricket betting tips and tricks so you can focus on giving yourself the best chance of winning.
Let’s begin with the fundamentals of betting odds during a cricket match:
Assume two teams are preparing to play a cricket match. Let’s start with India and England.
Previously, bookmakers determined the value of betting odds. The virtual bookmaker (sportsbooks) calculates and sets the betting odds for various match results and events in online betting systems.
The following odds will be set:
- India’s win or defeat
- England’s win or defeat
- Match draw
|Match scenario||Betting Odds|
How Is the Payout Calculated?
|Payout= Wager amount X Betting odds|
If you place a bet on India winning based on the above odds and wager INR 1000, you will receive the following if India wins:
|1000 x 4.50 =4,500.00 (payout)|
If India wins, this is your winning amount. If you lose the bet, the only amount you will receive back is determined by the sportsbook’s policies. Some online betting websites will refund your wager amount (INR 1000) even if you lose the bet, while others will deduct a small commission percentage (INR 1000- commission percentage). There are also betting websites that return zero amounts if you lose a bet.
It is dependent on the betting site you choose because different sportsbooks have different betting policies for proving winning and losing bets.
However, if you bet 500 INR on England to win, your winnings will be doubled.
|500 x 1.73 = 865 (payout)|
When the match draws-
Your payout on a 300 INR wager will be
|300 x 5.35 = 1606.5|
Higher betting odds indicate that the outcome is less likely in the bookmaker’s opinion. Furthermore, the higher the odds, the greater the potential payout. However, keep in mind that any betting decision should be preceded by extensive research and knowledge.
Types of Popular bets in Cricket
- Straight Bets: Bet on whether the teams will win or lose.
- Bets on propositions
- Number of wickets taken by any bowler
- Number of sixes and fours scored by an Indian batsman (This can be Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma or anyone)
- Number of sixes/fours scored by an England batsman (Joe Robot, Eoin Morgan, Tom Curran or anyone)
- Under/Over Betting: Betting on both teams’ total scores (total runs, total 4s, 6s, wickets etc.). Bettors place bets on under/over scores and hope their prediction is correct.
Tips for Using Betting Odds to Achieve Your Goals:
- What is the first cricket betting tip online for winning the half-battle of online betting? Choose a website that provides competitive betting odds. You must choose the right website (that is safe, of course) from the available betting options. More information here), which offers the same bet with higher betting odds. You’ve already won half the battle.
- Betting odds on cricket are determined not only by making wagers and placing higher wager bets (straight bets or proposition bets) but also by selecting the right website that offers the highest payouts (higher betting odds).
- Your prediction on win or loss could be 100% correct, resulting in a win, but the betting odds will determine the outcome. Returns on bets with the highest betting odds are always higher and compounded in the future if you play for a long time.
How Are You Going to Find the Best Cricket Sportsbook With the Best Betting Odds?
- Search frantically: Choosing the best cricket betting site is akin to shopping from one store after visiting several others in search of the best shirt at the best price. The same idea applies here. There are thousands of betting sites on the internet. Investigate quickly and select the one that provides more betting options at flexibly higher betting odds. Check that the website is secure and trustworthy. The best sites also offer cricket betting tips free.
- Never rush: Remember that haste makes waste. So, don’t put your money in any bet until you’re confident in the betting site’s authenticity, dependability, security, and payment options.
- 24/7 Customer Support: This is an important consideration when selecting an online betting site. As with online betting, you can place bets whenever you want, whether it’s early morning, afternoon, midnight, or any other time. As a result, customer service is a viable option. If you get stuck while gambling with your money, guidance and support will come in handy. Punters’ attention has shifted to online sports betting sites. Choose the appropriate one.
- Payment Options That Are Flexible: The sportsbook should accept a variety of payment methods to suit your needs. It should support various payment methods such as bank transfers, Visa cards, Neteller, ecoPayz, Skrill, UPI, PhonePe, Paytm, Google Pay, and so on.
- Apart from the aforementioned factors, there are numerous others such as freebies, bonuses, credits, and so on, but the aforementioned are more important than the latter.
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding of the betting odds, how to calculate your payouts and returns, and how to choose the best cricket betting site. To know more about cricket betting, read our blog How to Bet on Sports for Beginners. Follow CBTFMyTube for more cricket betting tips videos.