Sri Lanka vs Australia T20 Series 2022 Highlights
Sri Lanka vs Australia T20 Series 2022 Highlights
2nd T20I Sri Lanka Vs Australia: Australia won the toss and elected to play in Wednesday’s Twenty20 match in Colombo, but Sri Lankan hitters struggled for the second straight time. They finished with 124-9. The defending T20 champions won the three-match T20 series with three wickets remaining in the chase. Australia defeated the Dasun Shanaka-led team by a margin of 10 wickets in the first T20I on Tuesday, shown in SL vs AUS t20 highlights. Glenn Maxwell, an unconventional all-arounder for Australia, led a tight bowling performance by opening the bowling with his off-spin and taking 2-18 in his three overs.
Here are some SL vs AUS highlights also shown in the above video.
- So far, that is all we have to say about this game. Australia now has a 2-0 advantage in the three-match T20I series. On Saturday, June 11, the T20I series’ final game will take place in Kandy. While the visitors are vying for a clean sweep, Sri Lanka will be looking to start off with a victory. Though that game doesn’t start until 7 p.m. IST (1.30 p.m. GMT), our build-up will start considerably earlier. Do come along then. Goodbye and take care!
- According to Australia’s captain Aaron Finch, the bowling unit did an excellent job of containing Sri Lanka. The pitch started to degrade near the finish, but Matthew Wade still displayed all of his expertise. The run rate was in their favor, and Wade took his time settling in. Even though the pitch was supposed to get slower, they constantly aimed for the bowlers throughout the Powerplay.
- The Sri Lankan captain Dasun Shanaka claims that 20 more runs would have been more important. Mentions that the conditions were difficult, the top-order collapsed, and they ultimately failed to get going. They claim that despite taking a lot of wickets in the middle, they didn’t make use of them. They discussed whether they needed to add another seamer before the game, but they decided to stick with their current bowling lineup, which was successful in their favor
- The Player of the Match is Matthew Wade for his composed batting under pressure. He claims they sniffed a little bit tonight. Sri Lanka had a momentum that was difficult to reverse. Once they get going, they are a difficult team to stop. Mentions that the run rate was never an issue because their top order got out to a fast start.
- Earlier in the game, Sri Lanka was allowed to bat as per the Sri Lanka highlights, but this time they struggled throughout the Powerplay and didn’t even get off to a strong start. Charith Asalanka and Kusal Mendis established a solid partnership in the middle overs, but the regular wicket losses cost them dearly, particularly in the end. The Richardson duo of Jhye and Kane took seven wickets to Australia’s advantage, which also included Glenn Maxwell in their haul. The bowling effort to hold the opponents to just 124 was effective. Australia got off to a quick start during the chase, quickly taking a significant portion of the target away. As the Sri Lankan spinners dominated and Wanindu Hasaranga once again demonstrated why he is so highly regarded, they did lose a lot of wickets in the middle overs. After that, Matthew Wade’s contribution lower in the order helped his team cross the finish line and win the T20I series.
- Although Sri Lanka lost the series, they will still learn a lot from the game’s second half. The bowlers also got off to a bad start after yet another disappointing performance with the bat. But they persisted in bowling heartily, and eventually, wickets started to fall. The show’s hero was Wanindu Hasaranga, who continued to throw even after being struck and finished with four wickets. Dushmantha Chameera batted for 18 runs in the opening over and also made a strong comeback. The other bowlers were efficient, but they simply didn’t have enough runs to play with; if they had 20 or so more, the situation might have been quite different. They will strive to prevent a whitewash for the time being by concentrating on the next game.
- Australia was anticipated to do so once more after chasing down a comparable score in the previous game, and they did succeed in getting off to the right start. Aaron Finch quickly got going after applying his form from the previous game. Finch, though, tried to be too aggressive and ultimately lost his wicket. Mitchell Marsh and David Warner got off to a good start, but Marsh and Steven Smith were fired shortly after. Warner was eliminated via a run-out, which caused the visitors to lose their way temporarily. Before Maxwell left, the door was left open for the opposition. Maxwell and Wade maintained composure and brought their team near to victory. Australia ultimately succeeded in crossing the finish line owing to an assured performance from Matthew Wade.
- The game was a tight finish, but the Australians prevailed and went on to win the T20I series with one game still to play. Australia has been the more dominant team in the two games so far, and despite the efforts of the Lankan bowlers in this game, the visitors deserved to win both the game and the series.
To get more cricket match highlights, such as SL vs AUS t20 highlights, stay connected with CBTF Mytube.